• September 21Picture Day is Wednesday, September 23, 2015.

• September 21Senior Award Night is May 25, 2016 at 7:15 p.m.

Spring Gala

Lillian Swartzell, Reporter

East Pennsboro Area High School just had their final concert of the school year. This year’s event was called the “Spring Gala” which also included the art show in the old gym. Senior, and member of both the band and chorus for all four years of high school, Dani Kreiger enjoyed her final performance as a high school student. Kreiger says that the music program has given her an immense feeling of camaraderie through the years at East Penn. She feels nostalgic after having played the flute since fourth grade, and finally retiring it before she attends Messiah College in the fall. Kreiger says that she likes band more than chorus because there is less drama and the songs were really fun to play. The band played two fast songs and two slow ones at the gala, ending with an energetic piece called, “Ruckus”.
Chorus director, Lisa McIntyre, said she was “beyond excited” to perform this year’s songs. McIntyre has been a music teacher at East Penn for 12 years now. “The program for the show is “challenging”, stated McIntyre. She says that the hardest part about putting together this year’s show was “finding contrast” between the light and dark. The chorus was working off this theme by singing contrasting songs such as the Latin lullaby “O Magnum”, and an opposing Latin piece called “Daemon” that speaks about the devil with a dark summoning sound. Another contrasting aspect of the production was between a French piece called “The Neighbor’s Chrous” where nosy neighbors are insisting to know why a man and his lover are no longer together, and Elizabeth Barrett Browning’s poem turned into song called “How Do I Love Thee”.