• September 21Picture Day is Wednesday, September 23, 2015.

• September 21Senior Award Night is May 25, 2016 at 7:15 p.m.

New Athletic Director, Welcome Liz Moodie!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Moodie New Athletic Director

Moodie New Athletic Director

Moodie New Athletic Director

Moodie New Athletic Director

Ann Le, Reporter

With the retirement of Jim Hudson, a new athletic director has come to East Pennsboro Area High School. Elizabeth Moodie, originally from Delaware, packed her bags and moved into the Hummelstown area to be closer to family. Moodie graduated from the University of Delaware. Previously, she was an Athletic Director and former teacher; Moodie also worked for the YMCA in Delaware. Once arriving at East Pennsboro, Moodie states that everyone has been very nice and welcoming. In her life, Moodie participated in field hockey, softball, and basketball: “Sports and athletics have always been my passion.” The enjoyment of being involved with students and, also, the ever changing nature of her job is what made Moodie decide to become an Athletic Director. In her free time, Moodie enjoys rollerblading, being organized, and participating as a swim team mom for her one son. In the springtime, Moodie exclaims, “I’m looking forward to seeing the spring sports events.”

Lou Plesce, EP’s Athletic and Activities Secretary, says that the Athletic Director is in charge of handling everything that deal with sports and clubs, as well as scheduling facilities. Plesce also notes that Jim Hudson is doing well and working on retirement: “He’s actually working towards getting his certificate to be a track official.” Plesch includes, “The kids might be able to see him around.” Plesce has been at East Pennsboro since 1997. Elizabeth Moodie, who has just come to East Penn, gushes that she already feels at home here at East Pennsboro.