• September 21Picture Day is Wednesday, September 23, 2015.

• September 21Senior Award Night is May 25, 2016 at 7:15 p.m.

Track

Evan James, Reporter

The 2017 Track and Field regular season officially ended this past week with a rather disappointing result. This past week was the long anticipated matchup between East Pennsboro and Northern York which was predicted to decide the winner of the division for both the boys and girls teams before the season even started. This was the case for both girls teams as they were both tied for the lead for the division, however neither boys teams were in the running for the division title. The girls came up short and lost to Northern 80.5-69.5 suffering just their first loss of the season. Nevertheless, it was still a solid 9-1 season for the girls finishing just one game behind Northern York in the division.The boys suffered their third loss of the season losing to Northern 87-63 and finishing the season with a 7-3 overall record. The small school of Harrisburg Christian also participated in the meet but were handled by East Pennsboro losing to both the boys and girls 142-8.

The 2017 Penn Relays Carnival took place last week and was a three day event that started on April 27 and ended on the 29th. It was held in Philadelphia at the University of Pennsylvania where athletes of all different levels which included high school, college, and even some potential Olympic qualifiers were invited to participate. The girls 4×100 team was invited which featured Jenna White, Ashley Wertz, Olivia Taverna and Cece Insalaco and set a new school record with their time of 50.12. The girls 4×400 team was also invited which also featured Cece as well as Kasi Brown, Kylie Magaro and Alyssa Miller and ran a time of 4:08.66. As for the boys, oblt the 4×100 team was invited to compete and the lineup featured  Noah Alejandro, Garrett Stuck, Onasis Neely and Drew Roman and finished with a time of 45.08. Payton Morris was invited for pole vaulting and finished with a height of 15 feet, 5 inches.

Northern/Harrisburg Christian Girls Results 5/2/17

4×800 Amanda Preston, Lindsay Grubb, Erin Starner, Alyssa Betsco 12:59.7

4×100 Jenna White, Ashley Wertz, Olivia Taverna, Kylie Wertz 52.3

4×400 Kylie Magaro, Kasi Brown, Alyssa Miller, Cece Insalaco 4:13.8

100HH Hope Gieseler 15.46 Taelyn Gillis 15.88 Savannah Buck 21.11

Emma Miller 24.94 Geri Schnarrs 21.21 Drew James 21.62

300IH Taelyn Gillis 51.11 Savannah Buck 1:03 Geri Schnarrs 59.09

Emma Miller 1:12 Hope Gieseler 50.32 Drew James 57.51

Lindsay Grubb 1:06